Thursday, August 4, 2016

.. Breakfast ..

Thursday, August 4, 2016

When I was growing up, I wasn't very much of a breakfast person. I'm not entirely sure why, I just never liked breakfast foods and was never very hungry in the morning. Now that I'm older, and need breakfast every morning in college just to get through the day, I've become quite the breakfast person.

(as always...) I've been trying to eat healthier this summer and not eat so much junky food. Usually people think since I'm gluten and dairy free that that means I eat all the healthy things. I usually laugh in their face while I continue to devour my Family Size bag of chips... 
While trying to eat healthier, I've come to really like eating oatmeal in the morning. Usually I just put some brown sugar and cinnamon in it but I've been wanting to switch it up a bit, and maybe be a little more adventurous with my topping choices. Of course I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration and ideas.



I didn't have a whole lot of ingredients to choose from, so I kind of made up my own little recipe just to try it! Here's my oatmeal! 
(This before I put the water in)
Topped with chopped nuts (almonds, cashews and peanuts.), chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips contain no dairy!), chia seeds and some brown sugar. I wasn't sure how it would turn out.. especially because I felt I was just throwing random stuff into the bowl, but it was actually super tasty! It was just the right amount of sweet, and I felt so great after I ate it!

Do you have any morning oatmeal recipes that you just love? I would love to hear them!







1 comment:

a girl and the sea © 2014